Kentucky has a number of resources that can help your existing or startup business with in-depth mentoring and counseling. These resources are provided free of charge to Kentucky businesses, and provide a support network throughout the Commonwealth.
- Kentucky Small Business Development Center (KSBDC) is a statewide network that provides counseling and training in the areas of small business management and technical assistance. Examples of assistance include business planning, marketing, and assistance in obtaining financing.
- SCORE provides free and confidential counseling, mentoring and advice to small business owners via its network of retired business executives, leaders and volunteers. SCORE is sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration and has volunteers who share their expertise through in-person and online counseling.
- The Cabinet for Economic Development’s Office of Entrepreneurship, in collaboration with its small business and entrepreneurial partners, offers a variety of tools and services to support the start-up and growth of small businesses. Kentucky businesses can receive guidance about starting a small business, including licenses and permits; learn about funding programs, financial management tools and resources to help expand sales and market share; receive help in finding state, federal and local government resources and more.
- The Kentucky Innovation Network consists of twelve offices, spread geographically around the state, that are staffed by experienced and educated business leaders. These Innovation Network Offices possess the depth and breadth of knowledge needed to help technology companies through preliminary business Assessment, Business development and ultimately Capitalization (the ABCs of business development). Each office offers assistance and guidance to Kentucky companies in the following areas: business development consultation, business model consultation, validation and market assessment, assistance with growth strategy, access to service providers, access to professional networks, connections to potential suppliers/business partners, access to funding resources and capital networks, and coaching throughout fundraising efforts.
- KyBIZinfo can help you find local and regional business mentoring organizations in Kentucky. Use the Resource Navigator on the KyBIZinfo website to find organizations in your area.
- US Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses since its founding in 1953.