Kentucky has a number of resources that can help your existing or startup business with in-depth mentoring and counseling. These resources are provided free of charge to Kentucky businesses, and provide a support network throughout the Commonwealth.
- Kentucky Small Business Development Center (KSBDC) ) is a statewide network that provides counseling and training in the areas of small business management and technical assistance. Examples of assistance include business planning, marketing, and assistance in obtaining financing.
- SCORE provides free and confidential counseling, mentoring and advice to small business owners via its network of retired business executives, leaders and volunteers. SCORE is sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration and has volunteers who share their expertise through in-person and online counseling.
- Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development is the primary state agency in Kentucky responsible for creating new jobs and investment in the state. Programs administered by the Cabinet are designed to support and promote economic development within the state, primarily by attracting new industries to the state, assisting in the development of existing industries, and assisting communities in preparing for economic development opportunities.
- KyBIZinfo can help you find local and regional business mentoring organizations in Kentucky. Use the Resource Navigator on the KyBIZinfo website to find organizations in your area.
- US Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses since its founding in 1953.